- “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men (or women) to do nothing.”
- - Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
This statement is so true which is why LGCM has to remain vigilant and constantly challenge the attitudes and beliefs of society.
Below you will find a number of current petitions, research projects and campaigns that you can sign up to and help create a more just and fair society where true equality is the norm and no one need fear discrimination because of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
Or you can simply make a commitment to pray daily for LGBT people around the world who continue to face ongoing threats to their freedom, safety, health and well-being for no other reason than their real or perceived sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
Pray for God’s blessing and protection upon their lives, that they may find strength and hope in the midst of adversity, and that governments everywhere will treat their citizens with fairness, justice and compassion.
And pray that people of faith and leaders everywhere may become global allies with us in the work of advancing peace and goodwill among all God’s children.
- February 2013The Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement (LGCM) has welcomed the House of Commons decision to back equal marriage in England and Wales. Over two-thirds of the MPs who voted were in favour of the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill, which has cross-party ... more
- September 2012LGCM's Brighton Group Convenor, Nigel Nash writes: For the last six years, members of the Brighton LGCM have walked in the Pride Parade carrying the banner ‘Lesbian & Gay Christians and our friends praying for an inclusive church'. While ... more
- September 2012Although there were many faces I expected to see at this reception it was also interesting to see some different people, like Hugh Grant and Stephen Fry. Most of the time was spent networking and catching up with what different organisations are d ... more
- August 2012Rev Sharon Ferguson recently attended the LGBT Reception at 10 Downing Street. It was a lively evening with over 150 distinguished guests from all areas of life enjoying the sunshine in the gardens. David Cameron addressed the gathering and praise ... more
- July 2012Download the 2012 Brenda Harrison Memorial Lecture given by Rev Sharon Ferguson. ... more
- January 2012The government has announced that they will be conducting a consultation in March on how to best implement civil marriage for same-sex couples following their commitment to legalise marriage. However, there are some Tories in the Coalition Governmen ... more
- November 2011Here is LGCM's response to the proposed scrapping of the Human Rights Act and its replacement with a UK Bill of Rights: Introducing a UK Bill of Rights would be likely to undermine the existing protection afforded by the European Convention on Hum ... more
- November 2011Sir, The Government Equalities Office published on Wednesday its summary of responses to the consultation on whether to allow civil partnerships to be conducted on religious premises. The report conceded that "the vast majority" of respondents "oppo ... more
- October 2011In March this year, the Government set up a Bill of Rights Commission to investigate the possibility of creating a 'UK Bill of Rights'. The Commission recently launched a public consultation phase, with a discussion paper asking people 'Do we need a ... more
- October 2011The new Big Lottery Fund called “Silver Dreams Fund”, which will form part of the Big Lottery’s pledge to support older people, has now been announced. This is wonderful news and much needed, however they have chosen the Daily Mail as their pa ... more